Department of Anesthesiology is a major “service-providing” department. We provide a very good standard of perioperative care to all surgical patients of various specialties. We also provide quality pain management services to patients afflicted with chronic pain. In addition, we provide intensive care services to the critically ill patients.
- Appropriate anaesthetic techniques are provided for the patients undergoing various surgical procedures.
- Effective critical care services are provided for patients in emergency and intensive care areas
- All plexus/nerve blocks, central venous cannulation are performed under ultrasound guidance.
- Pain relief procedures are done under ultrasound & fluroscopic guidance.
- Regular academic activities for UG & PG are carried out. Research projects are taken up by faculty in addition to the post-graduate dissertations. All research projects are registered with clinical trial registry (CTRI). Faculties are motivated to publish in journals with high impact factor, Pub Med/Scopus indexed journals.
- To improve the quality of plexus/nerve blocks further as well as to extend the applications of ultrasound guided practice in other areas such as emergency & intensive care, pain relief etc.
- To enhance the number of pain relief procedures as well as to improve the quality by applications of ultrasound/C-arm.
- To increase the research projects undertaken by faculty so as to increase the number of publications in well-reputed, high impact factor, Pub Med/Scopus indexed journals.
- To improve the quality of teaching by adopting more number of simulation methods.