- The international student cell of Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College & Hospital and Research Centre will provide necessary guidance for admission in medical courses at our institute for NRI & Foreign students.
- We offer admission in under graduation course like MBBS and Post graduation courses like M.D / M.S in various specialties.
- The cell is headed by our Dean and all the correspondence relating to international students admission should be addressed to the office of International relations of the institute (Dean’s office).
Who Can Apply:
- Foreign Students: Students holding passports issued by foreign countries including people of Indian origin (PIO) who have acquired citizenship of foreign countries.
- Non Resident Indians (NRI):
- Non resident Indians students who have passed the qualifying examinations (12th standard/ NEET) from schools or colleges situated in foreign countries. Depends of NRI’s will not be included as NRIstudents.
- NRI Sponsored Students:
- Students of Indian citizens whose immediate family members like parents, grandparents or siblings are an NRI. Student admitted under this category cannot be given change of status during the study period if the status of the sponsor is changed.
- A candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December. Candidates seeking admissions to medical program must have studied the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in Grades 11and 12.
- Under this category only students who have studied and passed the qualifying examination from a school located in a foreign country shall be considered. This will be include the student studying in a school and/or college situated in a foreign country, even if the concerned school / college is affiliated to any board of secondary education or a University in India.
- In case of any school that follows the American system of education, the candidate must have studied physics, Chemistry and biology at “Advanced Placement” level and must have minimum C grade in these subjects.
- The candidate should get equivalence certificate from the association of Indian University (AIU), New Delhi.
The international students cell consists of the following members for its smooth functioning:
Name and Designation
Mobile Number Email ID
Dr. S. Ratnasamy, Dean
Dr. R. Latha, Vice Principal (Admin)
Dr. Venkatesh, Professor of Surgery
Dr. Francoumanath, Assistant Professor of physiology
Dr. S. Ratnasamy,
Chairperson – International Student cell,
Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital and research centre.
Pondy-Villupuram Main Road,
Ariyur, Puducherry 605102
Email ID:[email protected]