The department of Orthopaedics was started in the year of 2006 with the aim of delivering world class treatment at affordable cost. We provide absolute free consultation, nursing care and rehabilitation services to all the patients. We have gradually emerged as one of the tertiary referral centers in Puducherry dealing with all complex trauma and spine surgeries. Our department has evolved as a leading Orthopaedic centre comprising of experienced and young talented surgeons trained in various sub-specialties of Orthopaedics. As a MCI recognized post graduate Department, our PG residents are given excellent, comprehensive hands on training and opportunities in research activities.
To be an academic leader in Orthopaedic clinical care and innovative resident education.
To attain a national and international reputation in Orthopaedics in the areas of emergency medical services, academics and musculoskeletal research.
To deliver the best Orthopaedic experience by providing the highest standard of care, comfort, education and service.
To have a compassion, respect, accountability, efficiency and excellence in providing diagnostic , surgical musculoskeletal services.
Our commitment is to improve a patient’s condition and quality of life by utilizing the most advanced treatment options available in the industry at the lowest possible and affordable cost.
- UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING PROGRAMME
Undergraduates get exposure to both theoretical and practical aspects of musculoskeletal services. Department is well equipped with audio visual aids to conduct Theory and Clinical classes. We emphasize a clinically oriented teaching for our students.
- POSTGRADUATE TEACHING PROGAMME:
Postgraduates are provided with a comprehensive learning environment where frequent sessions such as seminars, symposia, case presentation, group discussion and journal clubs are held. Regular interdepartmental meets, Post graduates are also trained in various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the outpatient department, and surgical skills in the operation theatre. Thus, at the end of 3 years, we will have a fully qualified Orthopaedic surgeon with an excellent exposure in emergency trauma care and all advanced musculoskeletal surgeries.
- R.BALASUBRAMANIAM PROFESSOR & HOD
- 24*7 TRAUMA CARE.
- Dedicated, fully equipped two Orthopaedic operation theatres with laminar flow and image intensifier. One for trauma and one for arthroplasty, arthroscopy and spine.
- Trained consultants in arthroscopy, arthroplasty, spine and hand surgeries.
- Four well ventilated and spaceous out patient clinics.
- Trained physiotherapists exclusively for orthopaedics with all treating modalities, rehabilitation and occupational therapy.
- Separate 90 beds for male and 60 beds for female in-patients.
- Fully air conditioned post operative wards separately for male and female patients.
- Air conditioned seminar halls for UG’s and PG’s.
- Departmental library with all latest national and international journals and standard text books.
- A departmental research lab.
- Fully equipped emergency OT attached to casualty functioning 24*7.
NAME OF THE CLINIC
2 TO 4 PM
2 TO 4 PM
2 TO 4 PM
2 TO 4 PM
2 TO 4 PM
11 TO 1 PM
- Daily seminars/symposium for all CRRI’s
- Weekly departmental audit meeting
- PG journal club presentation
- Inter departmental meeting (ortho-path; ortho-radio)
- Daily pre-op case discussion
- PG Seminar /case presentation
- Regular CME’s with internal and guest speakers
- UG/PG Teaching as per MCI Guidelines
- Mohammed Irfankhan H, Balasubramaniam R, ManikandanA.minimally invasive percutaneous plate osteosynthesis for proximal tibial fractures – a prospective study.GJRA,2020;9(2):28-29.
- Manish Kumar Maurya, Balasubramaniam R, Arun Daniel J. A comparative study between locking compression plating versus intramedullary nailing fixation for the management of displaced diaphyseal clavicle fracture. IJOTSS,2019;5(1):114-18.
- ChittenJj, James B. Dish in a 33 year old lady with polycystic ovarian syndrome and metobalic syndrome-case report.BMJ .2019;12:e223740.
- Krishnamurthy KarthickAnand,Rapeta.R,assessment of the level of serum beta carotene in chronic low back pain patients and its association with lumbar osteophyte formation-JOSS. 2019;6(2):40-43.
- JOJIN Jose Chitten, P Muthaiyan, Boblee James, Vincent BoscoSavery. Incidence of pin site infection in buried vs unburied k wire fixation techniques in fracture fixations.JCDR.2018 ;RC01-RC03
- Jojin Jose Chitten, Boblee James. A study of prevalance of osteopenia and osteoporosis in orthopaedic out patients in south india.JCDR.2018; RC14-RC17.
- KarthickAnand K, SenthilVj, Saravanan A-GENDER specific knee replacement – do indian females need it? JCDR, 2018; 12(3):Rc18-Rc20.
- Selvam,Dr.KrthickAnand.K,-anterior plating for displaced middle third fractures of clavice- an effective alternate method- ISOR, Journal of dental and medical science.2018;17:24-28.
- N.Selvam,Dr.KarthickAnand.K,Dr.AmuthaGanesan. Functional and radiological outcome of intertrochanteric fractures treated with minimal invasive dhs or pfn- a comparative study- IJOS.2018;4 (2):103-8.
- Ramprasath, R. Rajesh. A retrospective study of mini-external fixators in hand fractures-IJOTSS,2018;4(1): 118-21.
- Ramprasath, R. Rajesh.study of functional outcome with common forms of internal fixation for patellar fractures IJOTSS,2018;4(1):111-17.
- S, Balasubramaniam. R, Rajesh. R, Arun Daniel. J.minimal invasive dynamic hip screw versus proximal femoral nailing in treatment of inter- trochanteric fracture- A comparative study. IJOTSS,2018;4(1):122-26.
- Balasubramaniam R, VijayaBhaskar Reddy K, Arun Daniel J. Non-surgical management of idiopathic congenital talipesequinovarus by ponseti method.IJOTSS,2017;3(1):510-13.
- Balasubramaniam R , VijayaBhaskar Reddy K , Arun Daniel J.open reduction and internal fixation for displaced diaphyseal fractures of the clavicle with anatomical locking compression plate- a prospective study –IJOTSS,2017;3(1):440-43.
- Balasubramaniam R , VijayaBhaskar Reddy K , Arun Daniel J.external fixation versus minimally invasive percutaneous plate osteosynthesis (mippo) in the management of distal third tibial fractures.IJOTSS.2017;3(1):421-25
- Ramprasath, A.Manikandan, K Prakasam. Role of illizarov’s ring fixator for the treatment of infected non union of tibia- A prospective study.IJOTSS,2017;3(2):e-2455-0809.
- Chakravathy.R, Dr.PratheeshMohanraj, Dr. Ramprashanth. K. A Study of Functional Outcome of Distal Tibial Fractures Treated by Minnmally Invasive Percutaneous Plate Osteosynthesis. IJSR,2017;6(10):2137-41.
- NoorulAmeem, Dr. Raja AnuragGautam, Dr. Mehamil K.V. is intraarticular administration of tranexamic acid better than itsintravenous administration in reducing blood loss after total kneearthroplasty?-JMSCR.2017;5(11):30048-54.
- BalasubramaniamR ,VijayaBhaskar Reddy K , Arun Daniel J.Gender differences in health care utilization among people with osteoarthritis before surgical intervention. IJOTSS,2016;2(2):259-262.
- R Sivakumar, M GulamMohideen, M Chidambaram, T Vinoth, Prahalad Kumar Singhi,V Somashekar management of large bone defects in diaphyseal fractures by induced membrane formation by masquelet’s technique.J Orthop Case Rep. 2016;6(3):59–62.
- S Kumaravel, M GulamMohideen, Anand Jain. Use of uncentrifuged bone marrow in delayed unions and non unions of diaphyseal fractures of long bones in adults. RJPBCS.2015;6(4):1845-52
- COMPARATIVE STUDY OF FUNCTIONAL OUTCOME BETWEEN IMIL NAILING AND DYNAMIC COMPRESSION PLATING FOR SHAFT OF HUMERUS FRACTURE. Dr. Muhammed Junaid.
- FUNCTIONAL OUTCOME OF FENESTRATION DISCECTOMY IN SINGLE LEVEL LUMBAR INTER VERTEBRAL DISC PROLAPSE. – Dr .Prem kumar
- Times of India health care achiever’s award 2020 to Dr.R.Balasubramaniam, Professor and HOD
Regular camps with BMD Scan & Health Education Programme
- Interdepartmental sports meet for Osteoporosis awareness on October 2019
- Bone Mineral Density assessment camp conducted on October 2019 for mass screening for osteoporosis.
Dr. S. Amudhaganesh
SVMCH&RC, Ariyur, Puducherry
Dr. Manish Kumar Mauriya
Dr Ram Manohar Lohia institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, UP